Junior Web Developer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Fixed term contract, 3 months, potential to go permanent for the right person
Hours: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM (one-hour lunch)
A leading Cambridge Science Park biotech company, who provide products and services globally, are seeking a Junior Web Developer to work in their technology team.
We are looking for a tenacious, competent and organised individual to join our high-paced, dynamic Team in Cambridge. You will primarily be working to development the corporate website and ecommerce platform. You will be assisting the senior development staff as well as owning your own projects. You will be liaising with colleagues in other areas of the business to deliver a best in class digital platform for both internal stakeholders and external UX.
- Maintaining, improving and updating existing systems for Mobile-First best practices
- Managing MySQL database
- Manipulating OpenCart platform for website
- Manipulating WHM and cPanel for server
- Adhering to SEO best practice for all tasks
- Suggesting automation and/or improvements for front and back end processes and functionality
- University degree in computer science, IT (BSc, MSc, PhD), equivalent experience or demonstrable interest in coding
- Ability to write as well as read and interpret existing PHP code to understand the function, with 2-5 years' experience with PHP (at least intermediate level) and MySQL databases (at least intermediate level)
- Tenacious with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and to articulate technical content to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Ecommerce experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with senior stakeholders
Training will be provided. You will be organised, efficient and practical. You will have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, will enjoy lone working and also excel in team environments and be passionate about coding.
Abbexa believes in empowering individuals from an early stage. We seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations. Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent sport facilities, including a gym classes, on-site nursery, as well as a restaurant and café. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme and healthcare benefits.
This is a full time, 3-month contract, which will extend to a permanent position for the right person. The hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (one-hour lunch). Please apply with CV.
FOR AGENCIES - WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, where you will be redirected to the Abbexa website to complete your application.
No agencies please...... click apply for full job details