- Innovation Agency supporting charities for over 10 years.
- Chance to learn Elixir & React Native.
- Fully remote with travel to London once a week.
A digital innovation agency in London are looking for a Senior/Lead Ruby Developer to work fully remote with a trip to London once a week to liaise with the team. This agency are specialists in digital strategy, user research and application development, boasting a diverse customer base which spans across large corps, not-for-profits & start-up organisations. What experience you'll need
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrable background in developing complex Ruby on Rails applications, ideally with exposure to multi-project environments.
- Experience in mentoring other Developers and acting as Technical Lead on projects.
- Awareness of the "DevOps" culture of working (CI/CD, IaC, automation, containers etc.).
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL datastores.
- Ability to write reusable, reliable, scalable code, as well as supporting live apps in production.
- Drive to learn new & emerging tech, for example Elixir or React Native.
As a Senior/Lead Developer here, you'll report into the Technical Director, acting as Technical Lead across a diverse project base, playing a key part in the build of solid, scalable products in Ruby on Rails. Communication is key, you'll take ownership of technical strategy, providing consultancy to their customer base and often working across multiple projects concurrently meaning you'll need to be adaptable. These applications often have complex workflows & database schemas so you'll need to be confident in making positive technical architecture decisions and providing direction to other more junior developers in the team. You'll embrace & advocate the DevOps culture of working, offering a passion for automation and supporting the contribution towards writing excellent software & automated tests. What you'll get in return for your experience
As well as being able to work remotely most of the week (unless you'd rather be in the office), you'll be based in smart offices near Kings Cross Station, with 25 days holiday (+ your B'day off!), gym membership, medical insurance, annual training budget, even a free bar and roof terrace in the office! They also offer a culture of learning with access to a variety of courses & conferences to upskill in the areas you're perhaps not as confident with. What's next?
Want to find out more? Give Joe a call or send your CV over to be considered!..... click apply for full job details